This is off the Libby's pumpkin pie can but with my variations.
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used half sugar, half Splenda)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs (I use egg beaters)
- 1 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin (see notes) (or one 15 oz can)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 9 inch deep dish pie shell
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
In large bowl beat eggs, stir in pumpkin and dry ingredients. Slowly pour in evaporated milk and mix.
Pour into pie shell and place in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees around 45 minutes. Knife inserted in middle should come out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
how to make your own cooked pumpkin. Much better than canned. The
taste has been described as meatier; grainier; but overall tastier.