The Home Cooking Gourmet
Why go out to eat? Treat your family to tasty top quality meals. We
have personally tried each recipe several times...so have our friends
What's New in the Store?
- Awesome remote temperature probe with alarm and timer.
- Cuisinart is now included in our kitchen equipment store.
- How to Break an Egg - A highly acclaimed book on kitchen tips, techniques, substitutions, and food fixes.
- Hot and Easy Sauce - easy-to-make hot sauce.
- No knead sprouted bread - no need to knead this bread.
What's on the Menu?
- Sourdough pancakes - made from leftover sourdough starter
- Mashed potatoes
- Three-cup chicken
- Horsey Sauce - great on roast beef and fish sandwiches
- Potato soup
- Philly cheesesteak sandwich
- Wili - wife chili
- Coleslaw - with delicious buttermilk-like dressing
- Moist pumpkin bread
- Rice pilaf with almonds
- Egg custard
- Deli ham salad - but without all the additives
- Houston's vinaigrette salad dressing
- Sweet potato pie - delicious as pumpkin pie (or better!)
- Avanti's gondola bread clone
- Classic Beef Stew - cooked in a dutch oven until meat is fork-tender.
- Wild Rice - basic but good
- Steak Marinade - works well on sirloin steak
- Brined Pork Chops - so juicy!
- Better boston butt pork rub #2 - tastes better than the previous one
- Pork Sausage - much more flavorful than packaged sausage.
- Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins - great with your morning coffee.
- Chicken Enchiladas - everyone likes these.
What's to Try?
Recipes I intend to work on. Watch out, family!