Ezekiel Bread Failure #3
I was following the directions of someone who made sprouted bread before.
This time I used a meat grinder to pulverize the sprouted seeds, which worked very well. The dough consistency was a lot better than previous experiments. The blender is out.
I should have measured the amount of pulverized seeds. With regular flour I would use 3 cups or so with 1 cup water.
I used 1 TBL sugar, 4 tsp wheat gluten, 1/2 cup water (115 degrees), 2 1/4 tsp active dried yeast, 1 tsp salt.
I put the dry ingredients at the bottom of a bowl (without mixing them and included yeast) topped them with pulverized seed. Mixed in 1/2 cup 115 deg water and used a dough hook to mix. The dough hook didn't mix well. I had to use a rubber spatula to feed th glop into the dough hook.
The bread rose a little but was still gooey after cooking at 350 deg for 40 minutes (though the top was brown).
1. All ingredients at room temp. Takes about 20 minutes out of the fridge.
2. Mix yeast in 115 deg bottled water. Yeast clings to surface so use something thin to stir (chopstick). Let yeast sit in water for a minute (to absorb) then stir until dissolved.
Use INSTANT dry yeast and you do not have to do this step.
3. Mix sugar, wheat gluten with seed flour.
4. in bowl, mix 1 cup sugar flour to dissolved yeast. Use paddle mixer.
5. switch to doughhook. On very low speed mix in salt then rest of flour.
6. once mixed, let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Knead using doughhook for 5 minutes on low speed.
8. Put in pan. Cover tightly so crust doesn't form. Let rise 30 min to 2 hrs until it has doubled in size.
9. Punch down and put in baking pan. Covr and let rise about an hour. It should double in size.
10. Bake at 325 deg for 45 min.