This bread is delicious with garden fresh zucchini. Frozen zucchini works well with the recipe, too. This is one of the most popular recipes, especially in the summer.
- 1 2/3 cups white flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp pineapple (or pineapple-orange) juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (wash, chop off ends, do not peel)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 9 x 5 loaf pan (or two 8 x 4 loaf pans)
- 1 loaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl.
In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
Mix in oil, applesauce, pineapple juice, vanilla.
Mix in dry ingredients.
Mix in zucchini, walnuts.
Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes on the middle rack.