Tilapia with rum marinade takes about 30 minutes to prepare. It is very tasty.
- 1 pound Tilapia fish fillets
- 1 TBL cooking oil (I use canola)
- 2 TBL soy sauce
- 1 TBL water
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 2 TBL rum
- 1 TBL freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground fresh ginger (or 1/3 tsp dried)
Mix marinade ingredients. Marinate Tilapia for 20 minutes, turning after 10
Saute fish in heating oil 2 minutes per side on medium. Set aside.
Pour marinade into pan, boil, and scrape up bits. Pour over Tilapia and serve.
Be sure fish is at room temperature before cooking. I like to prepare
marinade the night before so it has time to meld.