Roasted pumpkin seeds are delicious.
- 2 cups cleaned, rinsed, and dried pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. table salt
- 1 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- baking sheet
- medium-size mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix oil and salt in bowl.
- Pick through seeds and remove any cut seeds. Remove as much of the stringy fibers as possible.
- Rinse, drain, and spread on kitchen towel or paper towel and pat dry.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil mixture.
- Spread seeds in a single layer on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Place pan in a preheated oven and roast the seeds for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir about every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown and crunchy, when tasted.
- Cool the seeds, then shell and eat or pack in air-tight containers or zip closure bags and refrigerate until ready to eat
Try adding seasonings such as garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder, cajun powder, or seasoning salt.
You can put the seeds on a cookie sheet, spray with oil, and drizzle seasonings on them.
Seeds must be dry so oil adheres.