- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups milk
- 2 to 4 cups cooked russett potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp white AP flour (or potato starch)
- 2 tsp table salt (sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dutch oven
Saute onions, celery, carrots in butter for a few minutes then add parsley.
Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Heat until bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Toss in potatoes.
Finely chopped green onions work in lieu of parsley.