- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 green onion, snipped in small pieces (green part only)
- 1 can (2 cups) chicken broth
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Simmer, covered for 30 minutes: chicken broth, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic powder, cayenne pepper.
Add evaporated milk. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in salt, pepper.
Tastes better the next day, as with most homemade soups.
Salt to taste.