This is inspired by the many recipes I found.
- 1 can (about 16 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (about 16 oz) cream corn
- 1 8oz package corn muffin mix (try Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- large bowl
- 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, greased
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, stir together corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake 45 minutes, uncovered, until top is golden brown.
Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Take out of oven. Wait 5 minutes then serve.
The texture has a little moisture in it.
Instead of using store-bought corn muffin mix, try: equal amounts cornmeal and flour, 2 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
I intend to try low-fat sour cream.