I have always found the original version to be too salty and leave a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.
- 3 cups rice chex
- 3 cups wheat chex
- 3 cups corn chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 1 cup garlic-flavored fat free bagel chips, broken up
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. flavorless oil, like canola oil
- roasting pan
- 2 large spoons (to mix ingredients)
Mix dry seasonings together.
Heat oven to 250 deg. In the oven, heat up the oil in the roasting pan. Stir in seasonings and let heat in oven for 30 seconds.
Stir in dry ingredients until well-coated.
Bake for 1 hour, uncovered, stirring every 15 minutes.
Cool on a rack. Store in airtight container.
Heating up the seasonings in the oil brings out their flavor (and it smells