A hearty meal in itself.
- 1/2 lb stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 black peppercorns, crushed
- 7 carrots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz flat egg noodles
- 1 TBL fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups burgundy wine
- 1 TBL corn oil (or light olive oil)
On medium-high heat sear meat in 1 TBL oil until brown on all sides.
Lower heat to medium. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook
until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add parsley, peppercorns, thyme, and burgundy wine. Cook until bubbling. Lower heat to simmer and cover. Cook 3 hours stirring every 1/2 hour so food does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Cook noodles. Spoon beef burgundy on hot noodles.