True Texas chili has no beans.
- 3 lb Beef Boneless Round Steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin seed, ground
- 4 anaheim chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 T red chiles, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
Pinto Beans; Cooked
Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in 4-quart Dutch oven until beef is brown. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese, tortillas and beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
Serve with cheese, tortillas, and beans.