- 3 pounds trimmed boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 Poblano chilies, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 19-ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 1 12-ounce bottle amber ale
- 1 7-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Sliced green onions
Dredge pork in flour to coat; shake off excess. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add pork and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to large bowl.
Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil to same pot. Add onion and saut� until
translucent, about 4 minutes. Add Poblano chilies and garlic and saut� 2
minutes. Mix in pork, diced tomatoes with their juice, enchilada sauce, ale,
diced green chilies, cumin and chili powder. Simmer until meat is tender and
chili thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Serve chili
with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Simmer several hours.
Makes 8 servings.
North Coast Brewing Co., Fort Bragg CA