dougthecook throws a vegetarian chili recipe into the ring.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded
- 2 tsp cumin seed, ground
- 2 anaheim chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 TBL chili powder
- 1 TBL vegetable oil
On med-low heat cook carrots, onion in oil until onion is translucent,
about 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic, chiles for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Sprinkle 1/2 the chili powder and cumin on veggies. Cook 10 seconds, until fragrant.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, rest of chili powder. Simmer an hour or so.