- 1 container (18 oz) refrigerated original barbecue sauce with shredded pork or chicken
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso� black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (28 oz) Progresso� crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 1 package (1.25 oz) Old El Paso� taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese (such as Colby-Monterey Jack or Cheddar)
- Old El Paso� Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- Old El Paso� pickled jalape�o slices and/or chopped green chiles
- Red pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
1. In 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven or 4-quart saucepan, mix chili ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.* Serve with choice of toppings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Add 1/ 4 cup water to all chili ingredients.
For a thicker consistency and more flavor, simmer longer. If time does not permit longer cooking, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until blended. Stir into chili; return to boiling and cook until desired consistency.