The Home Cooking Gourmet
Why go out to eat? Treat your family to tasty top quality meals. We
have personally tried each recipe several times...so have our friends
What's New in the Store?
- Check out our cool dougthecook coffee mugs.
- Awesome remote temperature probe with alarm and timer.
- Check out the 'How to Cook Meat' book by two renowned authors.
- Cuisinart is now included in our kitchen equipment store.
- How to Break an Egg - A highly acclaimed book on kitchen tips, techniques, substitutions, and food fixes.
- dtc news blog retired - around since 2006. Now retired.
- Hot and Easy Sauce - easy-to-make hot sauce
- No knead sprouted bread
- Cranberry-pomegranate wine adventure. Making wine out of store-bought cranberry pomegranate juice.
- All about corn - learn how to buy it, store it, freeze it, and cook it.
- How to buy fresh meat - tips on buying meat at the supermarket.
- Bread Making Troubleshooter - fix problems if your homemade bread does not turn out.
- Salt Substitutes - salt substitutes using spices. Cut down on your sodium intake.
- Kitchen Supplies - we have updated our kitchen supply page with an all purpose pan.
What's on the Menu?
- Artichoke Hearts - these taste good!
- Pork Sausage - much more flavorful than packaged sausage.
- Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins - great with your morning coffee.
- 17 Bean Soup - inspired by Trader Joe's 17 bean soup mix.
- Mixed Rice with Cranberries - perfect rice side dish.
- Chicken Enchiladas - everyone likes these.
- Lentil Soup
- Carrot sesame salad dressing
- Pulled Pork in Oven - too cold for the grill? Try pulled pork in the oven.
- Ono Marinade
- Asparagus Soup
- Level 5 Hot Sauce - make your own hot sauce
- dougthecook Chex Mix - a tastier version.
- Potato Soup